Login or Create Account. Allow All Cookies. Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy Vol. Near Infrared Spectrosc. Not Accessible Your account may give you access.
Abstract Near infrared NIR spectroscopy, coupled with multivariate analytic statistical techniques, has been used to predict the mechanical properties of solid wood samples taken from small clear and full length lumber specimens of hybrid larch Larix gmelinii var.
References You do not have subscription access to this journal. Cited By You do not have subscription access to this journal.
Please login to set citation alerts. Equations displayed with MathJax. Right click equation to reveal menu options. Select as filters. All Rights Reserved.
- Wood, Panel and Structural Timber Products - Mechanical Properties.
- European Economic Integration as a Challenge to Industry and Government: Contemporary and Historical Perspectives on International Economic Dynamics.
- Wood - An introduction to its structure, properties, and uses.
- How racism and sexism killed traditional media : why the future of journalism depends on women and people of color.
- Breaking and Riding;
Remember me on this computer. Login Cancel. OpenAthens Login. Some properties, such as tension parallel to the grain, and all properties for some imported species are based on a more limited number of specimens that were not subjected to the same sampling and analysis procedures. The appropriateness of these latter properties to represent the average properties of a species is uncertain; nevertheless, the properties represent the best information available.
Forest Biomaterials – NC State University
Variability, or variation in properties, is common to all materials. Because wood is a natural material and the tree is subject to many constantly changing influences such as moisture, soil conditions, and growing space , wood properties vary considerably, even in clear material.
- Top 6 Properties of Wood and Timber used in Construction..
- Mechanical properties of wood disproportionately increase with increasing density..
- Wood - An introduction to its structure, properties, and uses;
- Decolonizing the Lens of Power. Indigenous Films in North America. (Cross Cultures);
- Longing to Belong: The Parvenu in Nineteenth-Century French and German Literature;
- Related Topics.
This chapter provides information, where possible, on the nature and magnitude of variability in properties. This chapter also includes a discussion of the effect of growth features, such as knots and slope of grain, on clear wood properties.
The Project Gutenberg eBook of The Mechanical Properties of Wood, by Samuel J. Record, M.A., M.F.
The effects of manufacturing and service environments on mechanical properties are discussed, and their effects on clear wood and material containing growth features are compared. Chapter 7 discusses how these research results have been implemented in engineering standards. Publication Notes We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information. This article was written and prepared by U. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citation Kretschmann, David E. Wood handbook : wood as an engineering material: chapter 5.
- Spirit Boards for Beginners: The History & Mystery of Talking to the Other Side?
- What's wood like?.
- Saving Dinner for the Holidays: Menus, Recipes, Shopping Lists, and Timelines for Spectacular, Stress-free Holidays and Family Celebrations.
- Richard Bancroft and Elizabethan Anti-Puritanism?
- Error-correcting Codes: A mathematical introduction.